Positions Start Date: Mid-Late June 2023
We are seeking applications from energetic and enthusiastic snow goers wanting to indulge in a winter in our little village while working in a premium Rental and Ski Shop.
Ski Biz / Snowzone @ The Alpine Centre is a Independent family business located in National Park Village near the base of Mt. Ruapehu. In the winter season we provide Rental, Retail and Workshop Tuning to customers visiting Mt Ruapehu. We currently have openings based in our rental department for Full-Time, and Part-time applicants who are able to work on a fixed term contract for the duration of the Mt.Ruapehu Winter Snow Season.
We provide all our Full-Time employees with a Mid-week mountain pass to Mt. Ruapehu, to enjoy between your shifts and on days off, so you can share your positive experiences and vibes with our customers.
About the Positions
- In these roles you will assisting in all day-to-day aspects of the rental department.
- Greeting guests to the Rentals, and providing helpful advice on equipment use and info on mountain conditions, ensuring their time on the mountain is the best possible experience
- Assisting with Front Cashiering, ensuring all equipment is loaded into the system, and charged correctly
- Fitting boots, skis and snowboards safely and efficiently
- Recommending suitable rental skis / boards for guests based on their needs
- Set binding DINS according to binding manufacturer’s requirements
- Fitting and issuing of clothing, helmets, ang goggles
- Providing advise on use of equipment and mountain conditions
- Ensuring customers’ needs are met and expectations exceeded
- Ensuring all rental equipment has been returned, checked in correctly, not damaged, and customer paid accordingly
- Maintain equipment on a daily basis
- Ensuring gear is cleaned, dried, maintained, and stored in accordance and set up requirements
- Basic workshop duties and repairs – Edging and Waxing Skis and Boards
- Sales of basic shop accessories and assisting in the retail shop / workshop if required
- Maintaining a tidy work area that is clean and presentable at all possible times
- Identifying concerns to maintain a safe and healthy working environment
- We work on a roster basis and working weekends are a necessity
- Training will be provided
- Have a enthusiastic interest Snow-sports, and enjoy passing on knowledge to customers
- Have a passion for providing amazing customer service
- Must be a team player
- Can show consistency to work with the diversity of our customer nationalities, ages and expectations
- Have an ability to be helpful, respectful and professional in all areas of the work place
- Able to maintain a positive attitude in a demanding environment
- Ability to multi-task in all areas of rental, and the initiative to work without always needing direction
- An adaptability to the long and demanding hours during peak periods.
- Ability to provide a safe and efficient service delivery
- Flexibility in the hours worked, and an understanding that employment is subject to the unpredictability of the weather and the hours of work can fluctuate.
- Positions are seasonal agreements starting Mid/Late June and finish Mid October (Snow Permitting)
- We operate with a team of up to 14, so working together and willingness to assist in all areas and looking out for your co-workers is key to a great working environment and an exciting season.
- We are located 15 minutes’ drive from Whakapapa Ski Area, and we provide all Full Time staff a Mt Ruapehu Mid-week Season Pass, conditional use of rental equipment, and excellent buying opportunities..
- Applicants must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
- Applications are viewed on a first in basis, the first suitable applicants received are considered for positions.
- Accommodation in the village is short in supply and we don’t have any staff housing that we can provide, however we have our own contacts and can help successful applicants to find places, the earlier we can fill positions the more opportunities we have for housing.
To Apply email: [email protected] (Please Include covering Letter and CV)